Our departing Principal’s one wish before retiring was that this year’s GCSE Exams results would be outstanding. Miss Oxley’s wish certainly came true! We must say that it was not without a great deal of worry as the changes in subject specifications,grade boundaries, exam formats, extended writing across all subjects and increased content and difficulty made it a tough year for all the Y11 pupils. But, our pupils stepped up to the mark, prepared themselves well and achieved an excellent set of results that will stand them in good stead for the next stage their education.
- 100% of our pupils achieved all their GCSE subjects from grade 1 – 9;
- 95% of our pupils achieved passes in subjects from grade 4 – 9;
- Every one of our Y11 pupils has a grade 4 or above in either English Language or English Literature or both;
- 53% of our overall grades were at 9, 8 or 7 in the new grading system or A* and A in the legacy grading system;
- As part of our Able, Gifted and Talented programme, one pupil achieved the highest grade A^ (= A* distinction) in IGCSE Further Maths;
- We had 1 pupil gaining 8 GCSEs at grade 9 plus an A* in PE taken a year early in Y10;
- Our average value added at Tower College is 0.72 per pupil per subject. (ie each pupil is almost ¾ of a grade higher than expected);
- 40% of our pupils gained 1 or more grade 9s.