This has been designed to ensure that everyone who uses the coach service travels in safety and comfort. Whilst pupils are using the coach service, normal school rules will apply.
At the end of school, coach pupils should make their way down to the coach lines. Pupils must behave sensibly and only board the coach when told to do so by a member of staff. Pupils will be registered (name and ‘stop’) as they board the coach. This register will then be given to the driver. The school reserves the right to withdraw travel on any of its coaches for pupils who fail to behave suitably.
Coach Dos and Don’ts
- Pupils who miss the afternoon coach must phone home to make alternative arrangements.
- Seat belts must be worn throughout the journey.
- Pupils must remain seated whilst the coach is in motion.
- The driver must not be distracted: there must be no horseplay, shouting out, abusive language or disruptive behaviour.
- Pupils must treat the driver as they would a member of staff.
- Roof vents and emergency exits must not be opened.
- Lockers on the outside of the coach must not be used without the express permission of the driver.
- Food must not be consumed and litter must be put in the bin at the front of the coach.
- Chewing gum is not allowed on the coach or in school.
- Property items left on the coach will be kept by the driver until the next journey. If it is unclaimed, it will be returned to the coach company’s office from where it can be collected during office hours.