£8.72 per hour (2 hours per day, 5 days per week)
Hours: 4pm – 6.pm
Tower College has a great opportunity to appoint a Cleaner on a part-time basis. Monday to Friday (term time only plus School Holiday deep cleans).
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the designated areas of the school premises are kept in a clean and hygienic condition. You will also be reliable and punctual.
Joining us as soon as possible, this role is ideal for candidates seeking part-time evening work.
You will be;
- able to clean and maintain a full range of industrial and domestic cleaning equipment and materials
- able to work with minimal supervision
- able to demonstrate an awareness of Health and Safety issues and risks
- able to undertake a range of cleaning duties
- able to demonstrate good inter-personal skills and communicate with a range of people
- able to undertake major cleaning during school holidays as agreed with the Site Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join the cleaning team. You will maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the school. We’re looking for a highly organised individual to help create, maintain and manage a safe learning environment for our pupils. You will have a keen eye for detail to ensure our facilities are clean, safe and well maintained.
To apply please complete the online application form on our school website
outlining your skills and experience, explaining why you believe you are best suited for this post by Friday 23rd October 2020.
All shortlisted candidates will be invited to a formal interview with the Site Manager, Mr J Barr
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to references and an Enhanced DBS check before confirmation.
Diversity and Equality Statement
Tower College is committed to encouraging and sustaining a positive and supportive working environment for our staff, and an excellent teaching and learning experience for our students.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and this includes promoting equality and diversity for all irrespective of:
- ethnicity (including race, colour and nationality)
- gender reassignment
- religion or belief
- sexual orientation
- marriage and civil partnership
- pregnancy and maternity
- refugees and asylum seekers
- people with diverse communication needs
Job title: Cleaner
Salary: £8.72 per hour
Hours: 2 hours per day (4.00pm – 6.00pm Monday to Friday)
Contract type: permanent, term time only
Reporting to: Site Manager, Business Manager and Principal
The post holder will:
- Provide a cleaning service for the school. Duties may include working in all types of rooms, including offices, classrooms, hall, corridors, toilets
Duties and responsibilities
The normal duties will usually include the following:
- To be responsible for cleaning certain parts of the school site as allocated by the Site Manager and following Health & Safety guidelines
- The safe use of chemicals and cleaning materials as instructed by the Site Manager following Health and Safety guidelines and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- To operate cleaning machinery in cleaning soft and hard surfaces, eg. vacuum cleaners and polishers following Health & Safety guidelines.
- To maintain all School standards of hygiene and safety of all Cleaning equipment and Cleaning Cupboards in your charge.
- To report any hazards, defects and any relevant factors of building or environment safety that may be detrimental to safe working practices and normal school operations, immediately to the Site Manager.
- To report any hazards, defects and any relevant factors of breakdowns of equipment that may be detrimental to safe working practices, immediately to the Site Manager.
- Duties to include the following:
- Vacuum cleaning hard and soft floors
- Spot cleaning of spillages
- Wiping furniture, ledges, pipes, paintwork, doors and polishing door glass
- Emptying and cleaning bins
- Cleaning toilets including sanitary fittings and surrounds
- Mopping and spray cleaning hard floor surfaces
- Wiping and polishing and straightening furniture
- Replenishing janitorial supplies in toilets, etc
- Checking and closing windows, switching off lights after work
- Such other duties as may be allocated from time to time
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school, raising any concerns following school protocol/procedures;
- Monitor the use of all departmental equipment to ensure it is correctly used and to ensure its security. Equipment shall be returned promptly to secure storage. All faults with equipment must be reported immediately to the relevant person
Notes: During periods when the school is closed, routine cleaning is undertaken throughout the school. This may include stripping and sealing floors, high level dusting, wall washing, etc.
- Take part in the school’s appraisal procedures
Working with colleagues and other relevant professionals
- Collaborate and work with colleagues and other relevant professionals within and beyond the school
- Develop effective professional relationships with colleagues
Personal and professional conduct
- Uphold public trust in the profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside school
- Have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the school, and maintain high standards of attendance and punctuality
During the course of employment, you will have access to information of a confidential nature. Under no circumstances may this information be divulged or passed on to any unauthorised person or organisation. In addition, he/she must process the data and personal information in accordance with the terms and conditions of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and properly applied to pupil, staff and school business/information.
The post holder will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, and follow school policies and the staff code of conduct.
Please note that this is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the role. It is not a comprehensive list of all tasks that the teacher will carry out. The post holder may be required to do other duties appropriate to the level of the role, as directed by the principal or line manager.
Education and Experience
No formal qualifications or previous experience is required but the ability to establish positive expectations of pupil behaviour, good relationships with staff and pupils, and a sensitivity to pupils’ personal needs is important.
Able to communicate clearly and follow instructions
Education and qualifications
- Able to communicate clearly and follow instructions
Experience and skills
- Previous Ability to prioritise work
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Must have high standards of cleanliness
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people.
- Initiative and the ability to work without supervision.
- Work as part of a team.
- Be flexible to changing demands of the post.
- Take pride in a job well done
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the role
This job description may be amended at any time in consultation with the postholder.
Last review date: October 2020
Principal’s signature: _______________________________________
Post holder’s signature: _______________________________________